Thursday, September 11, 2014

City of Bones Review

                               City of Bones Review

     In the past week, I have continued my independent reading novel, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. Last week I had mentioned how the book truly was very interesting. I still follow through with that statement, the book is amazing! There is a lot to learn about the new world that Clary has just been introduced to, and it is starting to be uncovered. There still are many questions raised throughout my reading however.
    Last week I had talked about how Clary saw Jace and his friends at Pandemonium. This week I read about how Clary crosses paths with Jace yet again. He is asked to take Clary, whether she was willing or not, to go to a mysterious place called The Institute. Jace is explaining this all to her, when she gets several missed calls from her mother. Her mother tells her that she is in danger and she should go to her friends home, and that she shouldn't go home. Feeling worried, Clary rushes home only to find her apartment in ruins. She walks into a room to find a demonic creature that seemed to be a mix between a dog and a lizard, who readily attacks her. She somehow manages to kill her, however she was injured badly.
     Clary wakes up a few days later in the infirmary of The Institute. She is informed of what had happened to her. Many of my questions throughout the story were answered here, as the author explained who and what Jace was and why he killed someone in Pandemonium. It turns out that it wasn't a someone that Jace killed- it was a creature, similar to a vampire. In this part of the story, there is a lot of science fictional characters introduced, and it is very gripping. I am still enjoying the novel vigorously and I would definitely recommend reading it. So far, I'm unable to put the book down :)


2 comments:

  1. I have seen this movie and I really want to read the book! You do a great job of describing what happens in each part that you read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the series already, so I won't spoil anything for you... What do you think will happen next?

    ReplyDelete