Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Maze Runner Review

The Maze Runner Review

         This week I decided to pick up a new book. For the past few weeks I have been reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, however this week, I decided to put that down for a week. I started reading The Maze Runner instead. I started reading it because the movie just came out and I wanted to read the book. 

         The main character of this novel, Thomas, shows up in an unknown territory, completely clueless. He arrives in The Glades, without the knowledge of who he is, where he came from, or how he got to be where he is. I really liked the beginning of the book, I haven't read too much yet, but Thomas seems to be a very interesting character. He arrives in The Glades, welcomed by several other boys. They had all arrived the same exact way he did.
           Throughout the portion of the novel I have read so far, Thomas starts gaining back his memory in pieces, and he isn't sure what's real and what's a dream. He is slowly welcomed by the others into their society in the maze. He sees that he is trapped in the maze with no way out. He is forced to live with complete strangers unless they find a way out of the maze that is constantly changing.
            I am really interested so far, and I believe there is going to be a lot of drama and sudden twists in the book. I haven't yet gotten too far into the book just yet, however I am looking forward to doing so. :)
I really appreciated this image that I found online, as it really puts the whole idea of a maze into perspective.



No comments:

Post a Comment